Here are Paolo’s top six, silly picture books. There are other book lists out there, yes, but these six books come highly recommended and approved, by Paolo himself. Some were his favorites when he was younger and some are current favorites. What I like most about them as a parent is they are fun for me to read as well. I remember some painful (for me) bedtimes reading one of 32 truck books for the 57th time.
1. Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems
- Funny stories about friendship and communication starring Elephant and Piggie
2. Humpty Dumpty Climbs Again by Dave Horowitz
- A new, laugh-out-loud, telling of the old fairytale
- This clever little book depicts what life might be like for a young worm
4. I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen
- A deceptively simple story about a bear looking for his missing hat with a surprise ending
5. I’d Really Like to Eat a Child by Sylviane Donnio
- Of course the title grabbed Paolo’s interest right away. The humorous story about eating nutritious food that follows didn’t disappoint
6. E-mergency! by Tom Lichtenheld
- This is super punny! Do not skip the illustrations on the inside front and back covers. We giggled our way right through them.
Should I be surprised he’s starting to drift towards the Captain Underpants-type books? Nope. The kid sure has a sense of humor!